For most families, their home is their largest financial asset, and deciding to sell is a major event that does not come lightly. There are many factors that can motivate a decision to sell, among them are:
- A need for more space – growing families often need another bedroom or two. Sometimes this can be accommodated in the same neighborhood, sometimes a change of venue is in order.
- Schools – as children reach school age, the quality of the local schools becomes more important. Sometimes there is a trade-off between home prices in better school districts versus the cost of private school
- Commute/Job – changing work locations or changing commute patterns often drive the need to move.
- Retirement – Retirement offers a change to follow a dream, or to move closer to other parts of our families. Often it comes with the challenge of reduced income. The exceptional Silicon Valley housing market can help, often permitting the purchase of a retirement home with cash, and sometimes with a large nest egg of excess profits to help fund that retirement. We have teamed with a Financial Planner who specializes in making these dreams a reality.
- Financial Challenges – Changes in income, unusual expenses, or other factors can consume cash reserves and force even the most prudent spenders into default. To learn more about the what happens when your mortgage goes into default and what options you may have, click here.
- Financial Windfall – sometimes a windfall inspires us to upgrade our home or neighborhood, or even to go off and follow a dream in an entirely different locale.
If you are thinking about selling, it is easy to look at Zillow or on-line other price estimates, but if you really want an in-depth understanding of the market, contact a Real Estate professional for a personalized Comparative Market Assessment of your home.
Then when you’re ready to sell it’s important to have an experienced real estate professional handle the details involved in the successful sale of your home for top dollar.
As experienced professionals who have helped many residents sell their homes, we take great care of every aspect of the sales process – from suggestions on how to showcase your home to strategic marketing and then to making sure everything’s signed, sealed and delivered by the closing date.
We can help you determine the value of your home and the local market conditions in your area.
Providing you with superior service and keeping you abreast of the market is our business.
Get tips on getting the most from your listing
Top staging secrets for a quick sale