Buying a home is an exciting and complex adventure. In days past, buyers needed agents to find homes on the MLS. Now, buyers like you have access to Zillow.com, Realtor.com, and other on-line tools so you can get alerts about homes sometimes even before we agents do. So why should YOU work with a buyer’s agent?
- Representation: Many buyers think they get a better deal working directly with the listing agent. While this may be true, it is important to remember that a home is likely the largest single investment most of us will ever make, and the listing agent’s primary fiduciary duty is to the seller. If the condition of the home is clean and there are no issues with escrow, then yes, this could work out in your favor. If not, having a buyer’s agent who’s duty is to protect you can make the difference between a successful close and losing the deal; between being happy with the result and having problems that still need fixing; between getting a good deal and getting saddled with additional expenses.
- Independence: Having a good buyer’s agent affords you an independent evaluation of the market and the condition of the homes. Buyer’s agents have a vested interested in getting YOU the best deal that meets YOUR needs. Working with listing agents to evaluate multiple homes subjects you to their personal and fiduciary biases. A listing agent isn’t going to evaluate a selection of homes against the criteria you would discuss with a buyer’s agent. He or she wants to sell their listing, not someone else’s.
- Off-market properties: The one thing the internet cannot provide you is access to off-market properties – homes that are not yet for sale. Every brokerage has homes that have signed a contract but are not yet ready to show. As members of Keller Williams Silicon City, one of the largest brokerages in Silicon Valley, we have access to off-market homes from the nearly 200 agents in our office. At Brady and Son Realty, we also maintain our own EXCLUSIVE LIST of homes where the owners have expressed interest in selling “for the right price” but are not under contract of any kind.
With Our DREAM HOME FINDER PROGRAM, we will find your next home whether it is on the market or not.
That’s a tall offer, but at Brady and Son Realty, we are committed to getting our clients into homes. In addition to providing you access to our EXCLUSIVE LIST of off-market homes, WE WILL SPEND OUR OWN MONEY to target-market to owners of homes that match your specific criteria. Specific criteria include at least the following:
- Price: In today’s market, it is easy to focus on price as the most important factor when considering what home to buy. We often get advice from family and friends that contradicts our good sense: “Buy as much house as you can afford” and, my favorite, “Always offer less than asking to get the best deal.” Affordability is a primary concern, but it should not be allowed to overshadow all else. The first step in purchasing a home is finding out what you can afford. If you are not a cash buyer, talk to a lender, perhaps two or three. We can recommend several whom we have worked with in the past.
- Location, Location, Location: That age-old Real Estate axiom is just as valid now as it was in our parents’ time. Location affects the type and quality of home available, it affects commute time, and sometimes it affects how safe we feel in our own home. A short commute isn’t always affordable, but an unnecessarily long commute has other costs in travel, time, and your patience. Location is also important for such things as schools and liesure activities.
- Features and Benefits Often we think of features only as the physical aspects of the home such as: how many bedrooms and bathrooms the home has. But even more important are the benefits of the neighborhood, the schools, the nearby dining, entertainment, and health care facilities
- Condition: Despite the popularity of HGTV home improvement shows, not everyone enjoys fixing a house. Some of us look for homes we can leave our mark on, others look for homes in need of major renovation, others want a turn-key used home or even a new build. It is important to understand what sort of buyer you are, and your partner if you have one.
What we offer
We are here to help you find your Dream Home, negotiate the best possible terms, and be with you every step of the way through closing. We strive for excellence in serving our client’s needs to make the purchase process seamless. We will attend to details, return your calls and keep you well informed and updated every step of the way.
Whether it’s a Single Family Home, Town Home, Condo, ranch, or even just bare land on-which to build your dreams, we are here to help you find the best fit for your needs.
Get help defining your Wish List and set up a consultation about finding your dream home today before someone else does!